Tuesday, August 31, 2004

Nuevo Casa

So, what does $1350 a month in rent get you in Manhattan? Come take a tour of my new studio! Ladies, it is heretofore your responsibility to provide me with recommendations on how to reorganize my room for maximum utility, although I have to admit that I like the setup as is....

This is the view from the front door. The bathroom is to the immediate right, and there are two closets on the right-hand sideo of the picture.


This is the opposite view of the view above, facing the door with my room behind me.


This 2'x2' area is my dining room, with my bed on the left. The table and chairs were purchased from the previous apartment lessor. Note the "video screen" on the phone, so I can see who wants access to my castle.


Ahh, the room where the action takes place in my bachelor pad - the kitchen! It's the perfect size and actually has enough room for me to fit all my pots and pans. Of course, the cupboards are brimming full of food ;o), and the counters are weighted down with German chocolate.


This is the view from the "kitchen doorway". You can see the bedroom (with the queen bed for a king :), the home office, and the living room from this unique vantage point! Note the bay windows, which have a wonderful view of a small, quiet street here on the Upper East Side, right across the street from a theater. They provide a LOT of natural light in my chateaux and I plan on growing herbs there (not THOSE herbs; basil, rosemary, oregano, etc.).


Another view of part of the bedroom and the living room. The space between the bed and the windows is open so that I can buy a "love seat" (or two-person couch for the bachelors out there). The idea is that I want plenty of open space around my "home office" so that I don't feel couped up when I'm slaving away behind my laptop for work.


A view of the home office from the middle of the living room.


Here's the living room, where the two-person couch will reside. Visitors should become familiar with this area, as I plan on setting up the guest blow-up mattress in this region of my cavernous palace.


A view from the living room, next to the home office.


Suggestions?

Special thanks to Paul and Sean for helping me lug my apartment-in-a-box up and down 2nd Avenue on the hottest day of the year. I only had to yell at Paul once after for "putting a bleeping nick in my piano" that I'd strapped to his back for the quarter-mile walk down the street while I supervised (There's Something About Mary ;o)

By the way, I visited a cool restaurant last weekend. It was a Malaysian-Indonesian restaurant called Eastanah. Check out the pictures of this place on the website! It had a very Yogan atmosphere. It was like yoga for the stomach. And the wallet...

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous3:15 AM EDT

    You can get a two to three bedroom, oceanview apartment in California for the same price (that's a hint that you should move back to the good'ol homeland). I like the pictures of your spacious chateau. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Get some window treatments. It always makes a huge difference. Hey, it isn't about the size. It is all about the LOCATION. + Living by yourself is the best.

    ReplyDelete