Friday, August 20, 2004

Justin's First Fish

Well this week has been really slow business-wise, but quite active social wise. Tuesdsay night I even skipped yoga with my favorite instructor so that I could go to happy hour #1 of the week, which was being hosted by someone Paul works with. Somehow she won a free happy hour at a place down by NYU, so I felt obligated to go. The idea of lots of female PWC auditors was just too hard to resist! Paul joined me as my wing man, though we need to have a few more flight-simulator missions so that he doesn't forget to include crucial information about availability, if ya know what I mean ;o) .

Wednesday afternoon, I finally got the chance to go to the Metropolitan Musuem of Art. Well, I should say that finally I went to the Met. I tell ya, that place is massive and I plan on buying a membership there so that I can spend a few hours there at my convenience. I really enjoyed the Hassam exhibit, which had about 100 paintings from the American artist, most of which were oil and water colors, all of which were amazing! I never thought I cared much for art before, but this time I couldn't figure out how in the world these artists could make something so beautiful with a paintbrush and some colors! Amazing!

Wednesday night I was off to the West Villiage with my friend and former-coworker Sean, who has a writing class down there. We went to a little pub called the Blind Tiger. I had high aspirations of making it back uptown in time for Pilates at the gym, but when I realized that that night was a chili-cookout, I just couldn't pass it up. So, I indulged.

Thursday night was the New York Cares (the organization I volunteer with) monthly happy-hour at the Mission. I hadn't been to one before, but it was a good chance for me to mingle (flirt), get out (have a few free drinks), and wonder what in the world it takes for me to find a girlfriend in this city! Speaking of New York Cares, they are having a fundraiser right now to help support New York Cares Day on October 23rd, when thousands of us city dwellers head to public schools to help clean them up. If you'd like to participate, check out my donation page!

A few items on my "to-do before the end of the summer" list (from a larger list in Time Out New York):
  1. Go to the farmer's market "Union Square Greenmarket" (completed!)
  2. Go on a sunset sailing excursion on the Shearwater, "a smooth perch from which to enjoy the wave-cruising view".
  3. Attend the Mostly Mozart Festival at the Lincoln Center
  4. Enjoy a $30.12 three-course prix fixe meal at one of the city's hot-spots
  5. Go canoeing in the Gowanus Canal and Newtown Creek, Brooklyn
  6. Possibly go to a free movie at Bryant's Park at sunset (if it doesn't conflict with yoga)
I've been told that this is me. Click on it for a full-size picture:


No comments:

Post a Comment