Thursday, January 26, 2006

All I Want For Christmas....

Check Out That Gap!
(Someone said I look like the Grinch!)

I had an interesting discussion with the manager at my client today. Apparently my consulting company-employer is charging them too much and the client can only afford me through March 8th. Hmm...ok. So will I be fired and able to travel the world for six months? No, but the client wants to hire me, which makes things interesting. I guess I should have thought about that in the past since my employment as a consultant was contingent on me being open to this idea. So now I'm on the spot and my manager wants to talk numbers. I walked back to my office to get my wallet so we could go get some coffee and talk, so I had about 2 minutes to figure out my strategy. Item to focus on: vacation time :o). I don't care much about salary increases at this point (I'm comfortable enough), I just want to make sure my next surgery is covered and I get some more vacation time. I guess they give out 3-4 weeks for someone at my "level". Negotiations are going well with having to negotiate ;o) !!

J. Riley, we'll see what they come back with

No comments:

Post a Comment