Friday, January 13, 2006

Recovering Body Part #1, Meet Recovering Body Part #2

The surgeon warned us yesterday that the third day would be the worst day yet for swelling, but I was feeling pretty good last night, so I didn't think about it at all. I even stopped taking vicadin, switching to Ibuprofen instead. I woke up this morning and could tell immediately that everything wasn't the same as last night. The pockets of skin underneath my eyelids are intensely swollen, so much that my lower eyelids have virtually disappeared and it looks like I have two black eyes, except that they are not black and blue, just swollen. The surgeon said that the additional swelling today would go away as fast as it came, but I'll believe that when I see it.

Naturally, this is affecting - what else - my problematic eyelids. The lower-right eyelid, the one that was first infected and that has never really gotten much better, is nice and cherry-red. I've been without problems for a whole month and a half, and I'm sure that this will cause some problems. I guess that's more trips to the opthamologist to schedule....

J. Riley, sigh.

No comments:

Post a Comment