Tuesday, May 04, 2004

Vacations

My vacation plans are in turmoil. I am planning on taking a few days off in August to go backpacking with the Haines clan somewhere in California. I believe that my sister is going to come with my dad and I and we're trying to get my brother to come as well, but it remains to be seen if they will all come. In fact, it remains to be seen if we'll go at all!! But I can safely tick off a week for that trip. One week down, three to go. I thought that my buddy Alex wasn't going to be doing a study-abroad in Spain, but now he IS! So, I would like to check out Spain...sometime, maybe in September. But I had already formulated travel contingency plans (like a true BCP professional) and was working on those. So some are going to need to be scrapped now or I'm going to have to cut back on the amount of time at each location. And, just for kicks, let's throw in the fact that I'm POOR now and couldn't afford my rent last month (which I can blame on my employers expense reimbursement policy). So here's what I'm considering today. Ask me tomorrow and everything might change ;o)

-- August: Backpacking
-- September: One week in Spain, one week in Slovakia, maybe Vienna as well
-- One additional week is up for grabs. I may use it for a.) random days off here and there, b.) Christmas / New Years, c.) a trip to South America, d.) a trip to Southern California to visit my brother and sister, e.) etc.

Disarray. Complete and utter disarray.