Monday, May 03, 2004

Spring Cleanup Day

Ahhh...what a productive weekend. Friday night was spent enjoying the beautiful weather at a couple of local happy hour joints, one of which was a French pad that's owned by a coworker's husband. I enjoyed a massive pot of steamed mussels in a tomato-basil-garlic soup-like concoction (sp.) . Scrumptious. But not with beer next time :oX.

Satuday's main event was NY Care's Spring Cleanup Day! I spent the day at Fort Green park in Brooklyn reconstructing a garden/flower bed area. We planted a tree, roses, and several other plants and reorganized the location of several plants and an anti-erosion Belgium-block border. Doesn't sound like much, but it turned out pretty tight when we were all done. I couldn't have done it without the lunch prepared for Cathy and me by Paul. Nicely done, Paul, but you're going to have to put that green thumb of yours to use next time...



Sunday was spent recovering my back and hamstrings. Other than my finger tips, this masculine body of mine doesn't get involved in much manual labor (including my brain, unfortunately). And, since Friday was payday and because Paul got a rental car for work this week, what better way to stretch out than to go shopping! We went to Woodbury Commons, supposedly the largest outlet mall in the country (hearsay!). I updated my wardrobe for Spring and unfortuntely used my right arm a bit too much -- reaching into my back pocket for my wallet :o| . But, I can't complain, I got some awesome gear. I'm still looking for some new Euro shoes, however....