Tuesday, May 25, 2004

Wanted: A Book as Good as East of Eden

I just finished East of Eden. Boy, what a book! If anyone is looking for a deep, intriguing, thoughtful masterpiece, look no further than John Steinbeck's classic. I am not exactly a big Oprah (Harpo is "Oprah" backwards!! ) fan, but this was her book of the year last year, so I might consider giving her props for that reason alone.

Someone please start reading this book. I am going to start re-reading it again (for full effect). I want to grow a ponytail and discuss this book over a cup of java with someone, so get on it!! This book is beyond words, you have to experience it for yourself....

Mental Drippings is a pretty funny website. Check it out!

1 comment:

  1. It's funny how Ophra manages to put the classics back on the map. I also like his short stories...

    ReplyDelete