Tuesday, September 28, 2004

Futon Potato

I made a big step towards having a normal apartment lifestyle today by purchasing a full-size futon. I realized that I needed something QUICK last weekend when I was watching TV and sitting on my BED. It's hard to sit with good back-lengthening yoga posture on a bed. So, on Saturday, I will be able to sit more with good posture, and therefore watch more TV. Excellent!

Speaking of potatoes....I started rehabilitating the eye chalazion today. I found out, from my licensed practitioner, that putting a microwaved (30 seconds) potato in a wet wash cloth can help transition the chalazion back to the ugly nothingless that it come from. Since these pet chalazions seem to keep popping up (pun intended), I decided to go ahead and name it. I call it Nate.

Nate and the chalazion are very similar, yet unique in their own way. Nate was one of those guys that was harmless, annoying, but someone you just kept running into, no matter how hard you tried to avoid him, just like the chalazion. Just when I thought that I'd seem him the last time, he "popped up" and started working at the same place that I was working at in college. Sound familiar? Yea...

Nate and the chalazion come from different backgrounds, however. Nate from the private gated community streets of upper-class Los Angeles, and the chalazion from the streets of the New York slums....

J. Riley

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous11:40 PM EDT

    and all this time I thought chalazion was some kind of Italian pasta....


    DH

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous7:48 PM EDT

    Don't ask the last comment for any recipes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can give you a chalazion recipe - ride the subway and hold onto the bars, don't wash your hands, and then rub your eye with your hand because it itches!!

    ReplyDelete