Sunday, October 03, 2004

Mighty Mighty Boss Tunes

Wednesday night I get a call from Cathy at around 11:15pm. As many of you know, this is well past my bedtime. Well, more like 15 minutes past my bedtime. On a good night. In any case, she caught me on a good night because I was at a karaoke bar with Sean and Alan for some post-dinner festivities. Sean quit his job at my former employer this week, and Alan had Thursday and Friday off, so of course they wanted to go out. But, I digress....

So Cathy called me and asked if I wanted to go see Bruce Springsteen, R.E.M., and John Fogerty in Philadelphia on Friday for a "Vote for Change" (aka Bush sucks) benefit concert. I said "Sure", even though I'm not like the world's biggest "Boss" fan. It's not that I don't like him, I'm just...indifferent.

We high-tailed it down to Philly on Friday after work on a few trains and, after checking into the airport Hilton (free, thanks to spending my last three years living in hotels such as these), we caught the concert. And I have a lot more respect for the Boss now that I've seen him jam in concert. He, Fogerty, R.E.M., and Bright Eyes (the opening garage band from NYC) put on an awesome show!!

Saturday consisted of travelling back to the city after spending the night in Philly and getting home just in time for the futon installers to arrive. The futon was installed just in time for Paul and Cathy to pull an Enron on my apartment (complete reorganization of my assets; please note that my financial well-being was not affected, however). Even with the addition of my futon, I feel like my apartment is bigger than it was before. Check it out for yourself, as soon as I post pictures!

No comments:

Post a Comment