Wednesday, October 20, 2004

"Ooops! I...Did-it-again"

I played with your heart, got lost in the game.

Well, actually, not really. But I did succeed in summoning calamity for the second time in a row when it comes to getting tickets for a Broadway show. The last time I bought tickets for a show ("Mamma Mia"), I got them for Sandy and Daniel, and I got them for a Wednesday night rather than a Saturday night (since they were only in town for a long weekend, this was a problem). A few weeks back I went down to get tickets for "The Lion King" for Graham, Brie, and myself. Well, I took a gander at them today just to make sure that I didn't screw things up again, and, once again, a blonde moment. The tickets are for next week, not for tomorrow.

In a morning panic, I got dressed and rushed down to Time Square to try to exchange the tickets. Apparently Lion King is the second most popular show on Broadway at the moment, so the outlook was bleak. An hour later, and I was back home, $60 poorer after paying $20 more per ticket for tomorrow's show.Hmmm, Ramen noodles sound good for lunch.

Good lord, I need to dye my hair black or something....

J. Riley, the man with the almighty-whitey blonde hair.

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous3:38 PM EDT

    Hey J. Riley H,
    it's chuness.

    how was Lion King, by the way? I wanted to see that here (they are touring in Boston) but haven't got around.

    cool site. There are so much reading I have to catch up to do. Reminds me of 10th grade English class. hmm... god bless mr. bradburn.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous7:51 PM EDT

    Not sure where you got that blond problem....

    dad

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous9:44 PM EDT

    What the junk are you doing singing Brittany Spears? You might want to hide that from summer.....

    ReplyDelete