Friday, October 15, 2004

The Wanderer

Today I capped my work-week with a journey around Brooklyn. A benefit (or is it liability?) of my job is that I get to scour the streets of all five boroughs of NYC, auditing clinics located in glamorous places like the projects and low-income areas. I admit that, as a young man raised in safe, suburban California, there are stereotypes and prejudices that I harbor, and I'm not exactly proud of that, but it is reality. However, I embraked on my journey through Brooklyn on my own and, as I discovered with other parts of New York: I believed what I see in movies and what I hear in rap songs, but it's really not as bad as what my prejudices had me believing. It's really not that bad!

Hey, which one of you works for Phillip Morris (or a susidiary)? An unknown fanclub? An overworked, miserable consultant? Take off your mask and REVEAL YOURSELF! Enquiring minds (uhh...that would be me) want to know....

Graham and Brie arrive tomorrow....

No comments:

Post a Comment