Friday, October 08, 2004

Webcam Action

I recently invested in a new geeky gadget - a webcam. It's pretty nifty, I can use any of the major chat programs to have a live video conference with my friends. I need to figure out how to get the audio to work, but I have faith that eventually other webcam geeks can look and talk to me over instant messengers. Remember those AT&T commercials about ten years ago, showing the workaholic fathers on the road travelling, but checking in with the happy wife and role-model children? Yea, it's like that....

On Monday, I'm embarking on a new adventure by starting up Spanish classes - introductory, of course. I have little doubt that within the ten weeks that I have class, I will be completely fluent. I guess it would've helped to have taken this class a few months ago - before I went to Spain. But, hey, at least I'll have it for the next trip I take, in about two years when I have more than 4 days of vacation left.

Leif came on Sunday, but he's gone already. Yea, that's what I said. He didn't stay a weekend here!! Man, I was disappointed. But, I took him to a happening place on Sunday night - Baraonda. It supposed to be a crazy party there on Sunday nights at around midnight, so I thought we would check it out. Unfortunately, Leif and his girlfriend aren't the loud, crowded restaurant types, and some of us had to work the next day, so we called it in early, at about 12:15. I gotta go back there on a three-day weekend, though. I've gotta!!

Tonight I'm heading down to Rain East in midtown for dinner with my ex-roommate Alan and his friends. Afterwards, we're heading down to the Lower East Side to check out Pioneer Bar. Should be a big night! Tomorrow, I'm going with some kids to capoeira (a Brazilian martial art / dance) lessons with a housing assistance group. Big weekend....

No comments:

Post a Comment