Friday, November 19, 2004

Where'd I Put That Dunce Cap?

Wednesday night I was fortunate to have the opportunity to go to dinner with my new friend, Baltimore Jen. We headed out to La Paella down in the East Villiage for some healthy conversation, tapas, paella, sangria, and demonstration of my hair's attributes - the pigmentation, to be specific (see the next paragraph). Maybe we should have noted that the paella said "2 person minimum" before ordering up the tapas (stuffed peppers with goat cheese...yummy) as well as indulging ourselves with bread. Two paella plates each later (verrrrry slow plates on my side of the table, of course), we still had roughly half of the paella, shellfish, lamb, and chicken left to eat, which would prove to be vital to providing me with calories at lunchtime on Thursday in preperation for my regularly scheduled cardio class at the gym.

Thursday morning, I quickly realized that I had lost my debit card somewhere along the way. Thinking back to the last time this happened (a span of maybe three weeks, folks...), I figured I left it at the restaurant. What is ironic about this situation is that Paul, Cathy, and Dee have been pestering me lately about getting a credit card so that I can be protected in the event that I lose my credit card or wallet (hey, it's not like I have a HISTORY of losing these things....oh, wait, nevermind. ;o) I refuse to change my position on the issue, although I'm beginnging to soften my stance. Especially when I do things like leave debit/credit cards at restaurants on a regular basis, as the trend indicates....

In other news, I'm happy to say that roughly 50% of my blog hits are coming from Firefox now. Thank you to everyone who upgraded, you saved me the trouble of trying to figure out how to trick Google/Blogger.com into allowing me to block hits from Internet Explorer. Once I established the obvious link between using Internet Explorer and supporting George W. Bush, the Euros quickly made the switch. During the consultation phase of demonstrating Firefox's badass-ness, I was able to demonstrate to Alex the power of Firefox by showing him all the spyware that was in his computer. We cleaned him up with Ad-aware and some registry hacks, but it just goes to show what happens when you use something as un-secure as Internet Explorer. You people think I'm lying, but I'm not.... :o)

Yesterday I bought tickets for some Lake Tahoe skiing during a weekend in late February with a bunch of former coworkers. Who woulda thunk that I could get round trip tickets for a measley $185 from San Jo to NYC? Siblings, you really have no excuses for not having visited me yet, especially with these prices. Or at least for planning to visit me. Summer, I recommend that you come before you graduate since you know that your trip will be significantly subsidized ;o) .... Faryn, you too....

Note to self: consider eating Tibetan vegetarian food sometime at Tsampa, which is near La Paella.

1 comment:

  1. uhhh...that was fully insufficient information on the date. is there another set for the future? nosey sisters NEED TO KNOW...

    ReplyDelete