Thursday, August 18, 2005

Diamonds in the Rough

A few years back, Paul scored some of us some killer tickets for a Jimmy Buffet concert back in Mountain View, CA, after which I became a big fan and a wannabee "parrot-head". Concerts seem to do that to me, you know? Well, Paul's back at it again, this time scoring tickets for a Neil Diamond concert at Madison Square Gardens tomorrow night. This causes everyone to reflect on Jason Biggs, Steve Zane, and Jack Black's performances in "Saving Silverman", possibly one of the best movies of all time. If you don't agree with me, you're wrong. That's all I can say about that. But tomorrow night's concert is going to be great and I look forward to starting a busy weekend.

It's been a busy week for me, though not in a traditional sense. Usually my Wednesdays and Thursdays are filled up with going to the gym (and eating sushi, if Alan calls), but this week I've been at New Team Leader training for New York Cares, my volunteer organization of choice. It's pretty basic stuff and I actually enjoyed some of the stuff that we did last night. Fun team-building exercises like the game "Traffic Jam". Anyone ever played it? Plus, they throw in free pizza - which is nice, but I think I'd rather stick with sushi on these nights of the week. I'm watching my figure, as usual....

I'll be staying busy this weekend as well. Paul still has a rental car from his work upstate, so the plan is to go up to the outlets outside of town and do some mega shopping at the mega shopping center. I haven't bought new duds in months, so this is my final chance to freshen up my wardrobe with a few new items at stellar prices before rental cars become a figment of my imagination (once Paul and Cathy leave and go back to California). That should keep us busy on Saturday.

On Sunday a friend of mine is having a Chilean barbeque fund raiser down in a garden in Brooklyn. Latin music, Latin wine, Latin food, (Latin girls?) - you better believe I'm on it! I've been dwelling on what kind of meat I should bring and what I should marinate it with. Tenderloins are always good, and I've got some chicken breasts in the freezer. I've volunteered to be delegated the position of chief photographer, so stay tuned for some pictures on ye old website...

J. Riley, finally got to bed early last night (first time this week).

1 comment:

  1. That's one of my all-time favorite movies!!! You guys should wear the big wigs and sparkly shirts!! "I wanna party with you!!"

    ReplyDelete