Friday, August 26, 2005

Poland - The Flight

I am flying over the city where my friend Alex is studying at the University (Bamberg) on my Austrian Airlines flight. The plane departed a few minutes late, but thus far it's been a decent flight. When I got on board, I was greeted with some flack from the stewardess about having a carry-on, a personal item, AND bringing my suit, which I needed to have hung up. Hello, nice to see you too! I'd asked about it when I checked in and they assured me it wouldn't be any problem, but I guess it was for the stern-faced Austrian stewardess. Oh well, what can I do. I was tired, so I just kept on walking and pretty much ignored her after I told her the check-in said it was fine. I also signed up for an emergency row seat for the extra leg-room. They gave me the emergency row alright - except it was in the middle section of the seats (it's a 2-seat aisle 3-seat-aisle 2-seat formation) and had zero extra leg room. Things were looking bleak - until I realized that the flight wasn't full and I had the whole middle section to myself! Hello luxury row! That was very conducive to napping, as I sprawled and passed out on the seat, waking up somewhere around Ireland five hours later. The plane was decorated in traditional Euro motif - flourecent greens, reds, purples, etc. Ahhh....I feel at ease with these colors around me.

I've got a long day ahead of me, but the sleep should get me through it just fine. I have also been honored by the fact that the (cute) stewardess has been speaking German rather than English to me. I guess I've got that Euro look going on. Either that, or I look like a tall, blonde German...

J. Riley, Looking forward to my imminent arrival in Wien

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous10:44 PM EDT

    Your carisma will take you far!!!!

    ReplyDelete