Wednesday, August 10, 2005

Snap, Crackle, Pop

So yesterday I suffered a horrific rollerblading injury. Well, that might slightly melodramatic, but I did get injured somehow. And I'm pretty sure it was rollerblading, though it could also have to do with having your standard male bad-posture at work. I had a terrible "somethings wrong with my spinal cord" feeling in between my shoulder blades. Of course, having worked for chiropracters in the past, I Am a big fan and dug up my referral that Summer's chiro gave me a few months back. Of course it's a long haul to get from the Bronx to mid-town Manhattan, but I made the trip later in the day and got the full assessment done on my back. It's confirmed - I'm a mess. But I got fixed up and now I can actually move my neck more than 20 degrees each way. Sweet!

Yesterday I bought tickets to come home for Christmas for a few days. Unfortunately, I won't be able to stay in town long enough to see my dad's half of the relatives thanks to the skimpy vacation policy offered by my employer. But if anyone else is in town, let me know in six months and we'll meet up :) .

Not only did I buy plane tickets yesterday, I also made a major, crucial purchase to help me deal with this impossible weather. Just like BSD is considered God's OS by geeks, I purchased God's Umbrella from Hammacher Schlemmer in midtown. This thing has a whopping 58 inch coverage area, dual-ribbed metal supports (for his and her pleasure), and a patented vented mesh wind dispersal system along with the lifetime warranty. This puppy could keep any geek and his pony-tail and sandals dry in the worst weather the city has to throw at him or her. Oh, and it's a compact design, just 22" long. Bring it, Mother Nature, I'm ready.

Friday I have an interview with my volunteer organization so that they can validate that I'm not some strange, anti-social, neophyte person and am capable of becoming a team leader for a monthly activity. Actually, based on that definition, I might have some problems passing the test!!! ;o)

J. Riley, bringing you up-to-the-minute coverage on my midweek activities for once!

No comments:

Post a Comment